I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13
And whatsover ye do, do it heartily, so to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23

Saturday, November 10, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #085

Hello everyone,

Today I have another project that I made for the JustRite Friday Challenge #085. For this challenge we're to create Holiday projects and we're required to use at least 2 die cut elements on ourHoliday projects and we MUST use JustRite Stamps.

Well I needed to get my son's teachers gifts done, so I used this challenge and  made two treat boxes. I used the directions for making Tea Boxes that I found here, and altered the boxes a bit to suit my needs.

To began this project made all my poinsettias using Spellbinders dies.

 
I die cut the shapes in to the boxes using Spellbinders dies. I stamped the label and the tee o to clear plastic  and mounted onto the back of the box. A sheet of white paper was put into the boxes to the images could be seen clearly.

To create the charms, I stamped my images and sentiment onto shrink plastic with Stazon. Once the image was dry, I punched the hole and used my heat gun the shrink the plastic. I really love the way these little charms turned out.

Just in case you were curious. Spellbinder dies with the Grand Caliber will cut shrink plastic in one pass and with no problem.



All of the poinsettias and foliage were made using Spellbinder die, but the white flowers were some I purchased. I also made the pins.

 
Here you can see the top of the boxes with the poinsettias and pins.
 
 
And, here's a view of the side of the boxes.


Well that's all for me. I still need to make two more boxes. Hopefully I'll be able to get them done before this challenge is over.  If not, I'll just post them later. Thanks for stopping by. I'll blog with you later.

Have a Blessed day
Hugs,
Regina

Products Used:
Stamps: JustRite's O Christmas Tree, Kindness, Christmas Nested Frames & Occasions
Spellbinders' Layered Poinsettia, Labels Twenty, Nested Pennets & Lacey Pennants, Foliage
Paper: DCWV The Evergreen Stack and Cristmas & Winter Cardstock Stack
Ink: Distress Ink Forest Moss, Festive Berries, Pine Needles; Stazon Metallic Gold  Black
Embellishments: Crystall Stickers' Glitter Dome; Grafix Shrink Film Clear; Shrinky Dinks White; Pro 31 Design's White Flowers
 

10 comments:

kathi17 said...

Those are beautiful Regina, and what a lot of work! Your son's teachers are going to love these!

Mary Jo said...

Regina you have done a stunning job with this project. Your son's teachers should feel very special when they receive this. AND that comes from a teacher that would love to receive something this beautiful.

Joann said...

Gorgeous project Regina! Your son's teacher will be thrilled to receive such a special gift. TFS!

Marge said...

Well, Regina, I have to agree with Kathi, MaryJo and Joann that these are gorgeous & stunning and that you're sure to be a hit with all your DS's teachers with these beauties! LOVE your shrink plastic charms -- one of my FAV things to do with all Spellbinders' dies -- LOVE yours!!! I toyed with that for my project, but ended up using red felt instead.

Sheri said...

What a thoughtful gift idea! I can't imagine how long these took -- they are FULL of details! AWESOME! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Lori said...

Your working is always stunning and you have such a sweet spirit. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog and good luck on this weeks challenge. Hugs Lori

Lori said...

Your work is always stunning and you have such a sweet spirit. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog and good luck on this weeks challenge. Hugs, Lori

Shona said...

AWESOME ! Thanks for posting that link, these look like they might be fun to try. Yours are gorgeous and I love your poinsettias and all the details that make these boxes so special.

Diana Nguyen said...

Love your project! I never thought of using a heat gun on plastic to make the charms. What a great idea - thank you for sharing!

Olga V. said...

Hi Regina, congratulations on your win at JustRite! I just wanted to say that your gift boxes are absolutely amazing (can't event think how long they took!!!) and I love your pins - they are awesome!!! Thank you for your recent visit at my blog :-) Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...