I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13
And whatsover ye do, do it heartily, so to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

JustRite Friday Challenge #110 - Bleach Stamping Technique

Hi Everyone,

It's time for the JustRite Friday Challenge #110 - Bleach Stamping Techique. For this challenge, all you need to do is use the bleach stamping technique to stamp SOMETHING on your card.

Okay, this is another first for me, and I must say, I did learn what not to do.

Here's my card. I went with a clean a simple card for this technique. I wanted to bleaching to have center stage.

 
I stamped the trees and sentiment using the bleaching technique.
 
The lessons I learned:
Don't use a very detailed stamp.
When stamping a sentiment, stamp sentiment onto another piece of paper first to remove some to the bleach.
When you are happy with your stamping, LEAVE IT ALONE,or you will probably mess it up trying to add something.
 
Thanks for stopping by
Have a Blessed Day and a Happy Thanksgiving Day
Hugs,
Regina
 
Sorry I wasn't able to comment this week, but I was trying to complete my Christmas cards and get this challenge done before we leave for Florida.
 
Products Used:
Stamps: JustRite O Christmas Tree and Festive Poinsettia
Ink: Clorox Bleach
Dies: Spellbinders A2 Basic Matting A & B
Paper: Gina K Design's 


5 comments:

Glenda said...

This is such an unusual technique. I've only done this a couple of times but am always impressed with the finished product. Well done!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

I really do like how you made it the focal point of your card. It looks lovely!

Yes, I learned the stamp off technique and minimal detail lessons, too! I went through a few pieces of scrap paper figuring that out!

Have a fun time in Florida!

Marge said...

Pretty Christmas card, Regina, and I totally agree that simple is best with the bleach technique so that the beauty of the resulting effect can shine!

Sheri said...

Looks perfect Regina! I learned the same lessons as well. I can;t count how many rejects I had before one I could post - LOL! Thanks for joining in at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card!! I LOVE that the stamping takes center stage!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous THANKSGIVING Weekend!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...